Monday, January 22, 2007

Flashpoint in Inner Mongolia, China 2001


PHOTO: Zhang Hui and Sun Fei,, students, debaters and friends, posing during the museum visit in Hohhot.

In April, 2001 I made a trip to China to attend the Sino-American Seminar on Educational Leadership. I also went to Hohhot in Inner Mongolia to promote debate and select students to attend WDI. I recorded a Flashpoint episode in the Yi Tai Hotel featuring a discussion with Zhang Hui and Sun Fei, two of my favorite people I have ever met in China.

The picture is a little dark and a little grainy, but it is well worth listening to these two young Chinese scholars talk about a variety of subjects.

Click to view or right click to save to your hard drive:
http://www.uvm.edu/~debate/watch/flashpointhohhot01.m4v

Best watched with iTunes, just drag it in.

No comments: